Monday, August 9, 2010

77Kids Do Good

On July 17th, I had the chance, courtesy of 77Kids by American Eagle, to join some other fabulous bloggers with my kids and serve lunch to the families staying at a local Ronald McDonald house. 77Kids is a fun new clothing line for kids by American Eagle. As part of their advertising, they chose to empower 77 bloggers in 11 cities across America to do some terrific pay-it-forward acts. Our group chose to serve lunch to the families staying at the Ronald McDonald house in Hyde Park. It’s really amazing what RMH does for families of sick children and they rely heavily on donations to make it affordable for families to stay close to the hospital where their child is receiving treatment.

It was a really fun day! My kids and I have decided that we need to volunteer more often. It sure makes you feel good to do good for someone else!

Here we are, starting to set up lunch.

IMG_8300

Savannah working hard

IMG_8449

The little ones notsomuch helping, but having fun nonetheless

IMG_8303

The kids took time to make thank you cards for all the people who work at the house

003

Brooklyn thinking that something looks pretty good on the counter

IMG_8322

What I would give for this big ole kitchen!

001

We got to make new friends and enjoy some treats!

IMG_8442

IMG_8443

Yes, yes, I know I can’t ever put my phone down. I was tweeting about the event!

IMG_8355

What a great day! And what a great reminder to get out there and do something nice for someone else. You never know how far your kindness will spread! Thank you 77Kids by American Eagle for this great opportunity!

030

0 comments: