Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Inkheart, Dunkin' Donuts & Clementines from Spain!

OK, I'm a little overwhelmed with deadlines and life and stuff right now. I feel like I'm just chasing my tail. So, I'm combining a few pieces of info in this one blog post so I can get back to finishing up my manuscript.



First, have you read the book Inkheart by Cornelia Funke? Two of my kids are reading it now and they're both totally into it. There's a movie coming out based on the Inkheart trilogy this Friday, January 23. Inkheart is a family-friendly fantasy adventure (rated PG) that sends a father and daughter on a quest through worlds both real and imagined. It looks cool! My kids can't wait to see it! I'd actually like to see it too since it stars Brendan Fraser and he's my boyfriend (shhh, he doesn't know it yet). You can see a preview HERE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next on tonight's agenda is Dunkin' Donuts. (Oooo, actually I could really go for a cuppa coconut coffee right about now. Be right back...) I seriously did just run out for a cuppa coffee when I picked my son up from church. Mmmm. Anyway, back to what I was saying.

Dunkin' Donuts introduced DDSMART last summer. This is a line of better-for-you menu items. Options include the new Egg White Flatbread sandwiches, Latte Lite, a reduced fat blueberry muffin and others. On January 26 and 27, Dunkin' Donuts is virtually opening the doors to its kitchens for the first time. Dunkin's culinary experts will participate in a special Facebook event to answer any questions about DDSMART, listen to suggestions for other options that could be added to the DDSMART menu, and share thoughts on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle no matter how busy life gets. You can join in the conversation January 26 & 27th!

Also, from now until February 3, participating Dunkin' Donuts stores nationwide will offer an Egg White Flatbread Sandwich for only $1.99 when you buy a medium cup of coffee (get the coconut!) The Egg White Flatbreads are available in two varieties, Turkey Sausage and Veggie. Both have fewer than 300 calories, with nine grams of fat or less, and are served on wholesome toasted multigrain flatbread. Mmmm!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll get to the winner's of the clementines in a minute, but first, if you're in the Boston area, Clementines from Spain invites you to a free cooking class with Ceci Carmichael, former Food Network host of “Calling All Cooks". The event is this Saturday, the 17th at the Museum of Science (Skyline Room) in Boston, MA. Register for the class HERE and enjoy FREE admission to the museum for you and your family!

And here are the winners of the crates of clementines from Spain!

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
101
145
276
172
119
Timestamp: 2009-01-14 02:17:12 UTC

101Amy said...
Clementines are the best! I always hide a few for myself otherwise I wouldn't get any as the kids and Hubby will eat them all.

145Dawn said...
Love 'em! Don't usually last long in my house. Don't get them nearly often enough due to price.

276Becki said...
We buy huge bags of cuties every shopping trip. I put these things on the counter and even if they are right next to the cookies, everyone always grabs clementines first. Yummy we love them and I want to try ones from Spain! I hope I win.

172katie said...
Yummy, the cheesecake recipe looks really good.

119Anonymous said...
Love, love clementines! the color, the smell, the taste! Janejanegreene

Congratulations! Email me HERE with your shipping address by Friday, the 16th and I'll have them mailed out right away. :)

3 comments:

Kitti said...

Um, Brendan is my boyfriend =) I even named my first son after him!

mommytoalot said...

I loved him in George of the Jungle ...and the Mummy...lol

Anonymous said...

Boo!!
I didn't even know you had picked winners and of course the one time I miss a post somehow I won! LOL Maybe if 1 of the round 2 winners don't speak up I can get re-pushed into that spot? Please please pretty please? =)